E♭ flute. Nominal pitch: D?.
Technical description: Cocus; 3sections; german silver keys; 4german silver ferrules; screw-stopper with german silver pin; large oval embouchure-hole; upper tenon metal; short lower tenon, wood with metal bands; metal sockets; cork-lapped tenons; modern-style foot mechanism arrangement; in-line action. Boehm 1847 system fingering except for :-, L0: B; BrB♭. L3: G. L4: G♯. R0:, R1: F; dupB♭ (operating on L0keyhead); Dtrill. Keymount type: rod/pillar; needle springs except for L0keys (leaf). Keyhead type: cylinder cup. Repair History: Head crack filled; embouchure-hole roughly enlarged.
Late 19th or early 20thcentury
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17954