Piccolo. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Ebony; 3sections; silver key; 4ivory ferrules; ebony cap inlaid with ivory disc; oval embouchure-hole; R3finger-hole slightly offset. R0: Keymount type: knob; SATK. Keyhead type: flat square (slightly spade-shaped); elegant pointed keytouch. Repair History: The key may be an early 19th century replacement.
1778-1830. The maker's mark is from the earlier part of this period but the hallmark dates from between 1809 and c1819.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:326 (when cap fully in).
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16895