Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Rosewood; 3sections (body in one piece); german silver keys; 4german silver ferrules; slightly oval embouchure-hole; cork-lapped tenons; upper tenon metal, lower tenon has metal band at tip; modern-style foot mechanism arrangement, but with leaf-shaped D♯key. L0: B♭. L1: B. L2: A. L3: PL-G. L4: G♯; longF. R0:, R1: PL-F♯; C. R2: PL-E. R3: D; crossF. R4: D♯; lowC♯; lowC. Keymount type: rod/pillar; needle springs for covered action, upperC, crossF and foot keys; leaf springs for B♭, G♯ and longF. Keyhead type: shallow cup for 8-key action; cylinder cup for covered action.
Mid to late 19thcentury
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15123