Flute. Nominal pitch: C (D♭?).
Technical description: Rosewood; 3sections (body in one piece); german silver keys; 4 german silver ferrules; screw-stopper with metal pin; large oval embouchure-hole; upper tenon metal, lower tenon metal-tipped; cork-lapped tenons; short lower tenon; modern-style foot mechanism arrangement. Boehm 1847 system fingering except for:-, L0: B; BrB♭. R0:, R1: F; dupB♭; Dtrill. Keymount type: rod/pillar; needle springs except for L0keys (leaf). Keyhead type: cylinder cup. Repair History: Head crack filled; thin wire wound around L0 B♭keyshank.
Second half of the 19thcentury
Journet, H. [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15357