Flute. Nominal pitch: C (D♭?).
Technical description: Rosewood; 5sections; german silver keys; 7german silver ferrules, including heavy foot ferrule, plus heavy german silver cap; screw-stopper; metal-lined head; large oval embouchure-hole with german silver lip-plate; metal tuning-slide; german silver bushes around all finger-holes; tenons originally cork-lapped; adjacent lowC/C♯ touches. R0: Keymount type: rod/pillar. Keyhead type: shallow cup.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16422