Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Rosewood; 5sections; silver keys; 7chased ivory ferrules; wooden cap with ivory screw; screw-stopper; metal-lined head; oval embouchure-hole; overlapping lowC/C♯ touches. R0: Keymount type: knob. Keyhead type: saltspoon.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:670 (when head fully in).
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17699