Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Blackwood with german silver ferrules and keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, lower section, bell. Unnamed blackwood mouthpiece marked for ligature. Average simple system with straight speaker. Additional L4 lever for G♯₃/E♭₅ had been removed. Csharp mechanism. Was 14 keys, now 13 keys, 2 rings. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮; throat A♭. L2: T. L3: T; cross E♭₄/B♭₅. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅; [G♯₃/E♭₅]. R1: T; side F₄/ C₆; side E♭₄/B♭₅; side trill key for throat A-B♮ and B♭-C. R2: T + spectacle. R3: T + spectacle (forked B♭₃/F♮₅); cross B♭₃/F♮₅. R4: G♯₃/E♭₅; F₃/C₅. Keymount type: screwed in pillars. Keyhead type: modern. Repair History: Cracks in barrel and parts of the upper section repaired with tape. L4lever removed. The bell is a replacement.
Orsi, Romeo [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:597, 666 with mouthpiece.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15442