Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Boxwood with horn ferrules and brass keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, middle section, lower section with integral bell. SATK. Levers for L4, tone-hole and key for R4 mounted in a fusiform swelling. Upper section keys mounted in square wooden rings, rudiments of turned round rings on stock; mount of E₃/B₄ in a metal saddle key head seems to be a repair. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T. L3: T. L4: E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T. R2: T. R3: T. R4: T; G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: turned wooden rings, swelling. Keyhead type: square flat. Repair History: Speaker key seems to be repaired. Mount of E₃/B₄ in a metal saddle and key head seems to be a repair.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Austria or South Germany
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16662