Clarinet with corps de rechange. Nominal pitch: B♭ / A.
Technical description: Boxwood with ivory ferrules and brass keywork. Eight pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, two upper sections for the fingers of the left hand (B♭/A), two middle sections for the fingers of the right hand (B♭/A), lower section with keys, bell. Contemporary mouthpiece grooved for cord. Levers for L4, tone-hole and key for R4 mounted in a fusiform swelling. L4 levers not extendable. Rectangular-section ivory rings between upper and middle sections. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T. L3: T. L4: E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T. R2: T. R3: T. R4: T; G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: turned wooden rings, swelling. Keyhead type: flat square, bevelled.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:(B?) 600, 672 with mouthpiece; (A) 639, 711 with mouthpiece.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17541