Cornet. Nominal pitch: B♭/A/A♭.
Technical description: Silver-plated brass. Fixed mouthpipe with step at a depth of 12.5mm to receive a special mouthpiece with a short shank. With alternative main tuning slides (5735a, 5735b, 5735c) for B♭, A, and A♭ respectively; water-key on each main tuning slide. Valve type: 3 Berlin-type valves. Repair History: The silver finger ring for R4 is an addition (it has the Birmingham hallmark of 1887).
1862 - c1863
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:451; bell 105.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15200