Descant recorder. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Mid-brown wood, varnished; 2 sections; 7 finger-holes plus thumb-hole; no double holes; broad, irregularly-shaped windway; 4 grooves around head section; cork-lapped joints.
Hug & Co [Corporation]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.221.12 Open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.221.12 Open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15390