Wagner tuba. Nominal pitch: 12-ft F.
Technical description: brass; saxhorn form; two water-keys. The bore profile is closer to that of a bass trombone than to that of the prevalent model of Wagner tuba. Valve type: 4 Périnet valves, bottom sprung; alignment by key on piston.
Mahillon & Co [Corporation]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.231.12 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with long air column (more than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.12 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with long air column (more than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:563; bell 220.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16872