Cornet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Corresponds to the "Perpendicular rotary cornet" in Henry Distin's 1857 catalogue. Silver-plated brass; two water-keys; no fitting for music card holder. Valve type: 3 rotary valves; cork buffers on rotors.
Probably circa 1857
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:306; bell 130.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17564