Cornet in cicular form. Nominal pitch: B♭ / A / A♭.
Technical description: brass, circular form, bell angled slightly upwards from horizontal. With ligature tuning shank for B♭ and single-coil ligature tuning crooks for A and A♭. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:215 perpendicular to bell; corpus dia c160; bell 121.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16313