Clarinet. Nominal pitch: D.
Technical description: boxwood; three pieces: mouthpiece, one piece body having all finger-holes; bell. 2keys. Ivory ferrules at top of bell section and at bell mouth.
Mid 18th Century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes-5
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes-5
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15928