Trompe Ã neuf tours. Nominal pitch: 14-ft D.
Technical description: Brass; 9 tightly wound coils of tubing spiralling first inwards then outwards; seam on bell with wide gusset; 6 overlapping joins; bell join covered with a ferrule. The bell is highly elliptical; inside of bell painted black; no bell garland.
Late 19th Century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:445 at widest point