Cornet, circular, rotary valves, Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Brass, with long section of dummy tubing to give circular corpus; bell directed upwards and slightly forwards (at 75° from mouthpipe). Bell with garland. The instrument may have been intended to be played with a short shank. Valve type: 3 top-action string-operated rotary valves, leaf springs attached to touchpieces. Repair History: The shank associated with the instrument is a B♭ French or British cornet shank.
Fiske, Isaac [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Worcester/Massachusetts/United States of America
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:335 from plane of bell to furthermost part of corpus; 225 from mouthpiece receiver to furthermost part of corpus; bell 127.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18636