Ophicleide, 11 keys, Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Brass, with garland. Crook with 1Â¼ circular turns, no tuning-slide. The keys for R1 to R4 do not overlap. Screw adjustment for opening of 11th key. Ring for sling, fitting for music card-holder. Keymount type: Keys 1 to 7 (numbered from nearest to mouthpiece receiver) pillar-mounted, keys 8-11 on rods; SATK. Keyhead type: flat, round. Repair History: The support for the right hand has been removed.
Pace, Charles [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.213 Labrosones with fingerholes, with (wider) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.213 Labrosones with fingerholes, with (wider) conical bore
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:1088; bell 186.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18639