Bayley Acoustic cornet, case, Nominal pitch: B♭ etc.
Technical description: Brass; german silver valve touchpieces. Tuning-slide crooks for B♭, A, and A♭ each with a water-key; gently-tapered fixed mouthpipe; no garland. The instrument may have been supplied with a mouthpiece with a shank with taper depth just short of 15mm, and with the bit for use with any standard cornet mouthpiece. Valve type: 3 Berlin-type valves, bottom-sprung, alignment by key on piston.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:448; bell 104.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18641