Recording tuba. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Silver-plated brass; detachable bell with 90° turn, held by three screws with knurled heads, bell can be oriented in any direction; French bell rim; gold wash inside bell; 3rd valve has two tuning-slides; mother-of-pearl valve touchpiece inserts; two rings for carrying strap; fitting for music-card holder. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves., Repair History: Water-key (on main tuning-slide) removed and drain hole blocked.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:from bell rim uppermost to large bow lowermost 1110; bell 561.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/54872