Tuba. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Brass, French bell rim; water-key on m.t.s.; fitting for music card-holder; looped 3rd valve loop with two valve tuning-slides. Valve type: 3 Périnet vales, bottom-sprung, alignment by key on piston. Repair History: Main tuning-slide has been extended by 2×80, adding 160mm; regularly used with slide extended 2×49mm, adding 98mm.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2 Valve bugles with wide bore
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:from plane of bell to bow 888; bell 419.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/54885