Cornet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Brass. The tubing between the shank/crook receiver and the valves is in a reverse 'S', the main tuning-slide in the second bow, drawing towards the player and auxiliary main tuning-slide in the third bow, drawing away from the player; expanding bore through both main tuning-slide bows. No water-key. With fitting for music-card holder. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, top-sprung, alignment by key on piston., Repair History: The bell has been distorted and straightened, resulting in some effacement of the inscription.
Köhler & Son [Corporation]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:from plane of bell to bow proximal 318; bell 128.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/5028