Trombone. Nominal pitch: B♭+F.
Technical description: Brass; untapered joint between slide and bell sections with restraining screw. Thumb valve operated by sling. The slide stockings each with four ring grooves to hold oil. The main tuning-slide inner slide with stockings length 56 on each leg. With slide lock.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:1160 (assembled); bell 189.5.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/50290