Cornet. Nominal pitch: B♭ etc.
Technical description: Brass; French bell rim. Windway runs shank/crook receiver - main tuning-slide - 2 - 2 - bell. Ivory or bone valve touchpieces. With hook below bell for R0 and fitting for music-card holder on bell flare. Valve type: 2 Stölzel valves with alignment by screw through casing (Ã vis). Repair History: One touchpiece a replacement supplied by B.Ferguson 2013.
Piatet et Benoit [Corporation]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:from plane of bell to bow proximal 265; bell 114.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/50295