Cornet. Nominal pitch: B-flat etc.
Technical description: Silver-plated brass. 'Catholic fingering' (1st valve semitone, 2nd valve two semitones). With two parallel water-keys. No fitting for music card-holder. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, top-sprung, alignment by three-armed washer under the spring engaging with slots in the inside of the valve casing. Repair History: The A♭ crook is an unplated replacement from a different instrument.
Köhler & Son [Corporation]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:from plane of bell to bow proximal 315; bell 117.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/50297