Lid Label: "This harpsichord is one of two which were formerly the property of Dr Edward Hill, Regius Professor of Physic in the University of Dublin, 1781–1830. The instruments were bought by Dr Hill for his daughters, and have remained in this family. In 1895 they came into the possession of his great-granddaughter, Annie Curwen, wife of John Spencer Curwen, and were restored for her by G.W. Goss of Kentish Town". Compass: 5 Octaves, FF – f3, No FF sharp. 3-Octave-Span: 486mm. Ivory naturals, ebony sharps. Stringing: 2 × 8 foot, 1 × 4 foot. Action: Double manual, 4 registers of jacks; Upper manual, Lute and 'dog-leg' 8 foot; Lower manual, Shorter 8 foot, 4 foot and 'dog-leg' 8 foot. Stops: 4 Handstops - Lute, Front 8 foot, Back 8 foot, 4 foot; 1 Knee lever - machine.
Kirckman, Jacob [Person]
National Museums Liverpool
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London (Timezone: Europe/London)