Body of ebonised pine, veneered with rosewood on the case front. Bridge of ebonised pine. Case decorated with coloured transfer print of wild flowers. Scale printed on strip of celluloid applied to lower half of case. Thirty-seven strings, some of them modern replacements (1993), held by steel wrestpins. Thirteen chord dampers over the strings, held in a frame of ebonised pine. Five brass ball feet on the base. In own wooden case.
Meinhold, Theodor [Person]
National Museums Liverpool
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:Stamp: "Made in Germany"
- Inscriptions:Label: "Made in Saxony, T. Meinhold's Autoharp, Accord-Zither-Harfe, Gebrauchsmuster No. 4827" in printed celluloid on the case, and "T. Meinhold, Made in Germany, Patent, Vollkommenstes Instrument der Gegenwart" on paper inside the soundboard
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:
- Repository:National Museums Liverpool
- Measurements:Length 540mm, width 337mm