Belly of a single piece of pine, with two small circular soundholes. Bridge of beech, with right-hand foot passing through the right-hand soundhole and resting on inside back, forming the sound-post. Back, sides, arms and neck of sycamore. Fingerboard of a lighter wood, extending out over the belly. Tailpiece of horn. Ebony nut and four gut strings, held by four steel wrestpins. This instrument was made in August 1959 by George Hemmings, Senior Luthier at Rushworth and Dreaper, as a reproduction of the eighteenth-century crwth in the collection of Warrington Museum.
National Museums Liverpool
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Liverpool (Timezone: Europe/London)