Technical description: cocus; 2 sections; german silver key; 3 german silver ferrules; no cap; slightly oval embouchure-hole; finger-holes almost equally-sized; linear design.; Nominal pitch: D♭.; Type or system: 1 key.; Keyhead type: cup.; Keymount type: rod/pillar, with leaf spring.; Usable pitch: sounding A₄ c|444|Hz.; Performance characteristics: range D₄|-|B♭₆ (sounding E♭₅|-|C♭₈); speaks easily throughout range.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscriptions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 300.; Sounding length: 250.; Bore: conical.