Technical description: cocus; 3 sections; german silver keys; 4 german silver ferrules, including heavy foot ferrule; metal-lined head; [tuning-slide]; wooden screw-stopper and cap; irregular oval embouchure-hole; all finger-holes have wide german silver bushes.; Nominal pitch: C.; Type or system: 6 keys.; Keyhead type: cup.; Keymount type: rod/pillar, with leaf springs.; Usable pitch: sounding A₄ c|452|Hz.; Performance characteristics: Range D₄|-|G₆ (sounding D₅|-|G₇).
First half of the 19th century
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped with a flower, "WHITAKER / LONDON" and another flower.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 294.; Sounding length: 242.; Bore: conical.