Technical description: boxwood; 4 sections; silver key; 4 domed ivory ferrules plus cap; large oval embouchure-hole; long between embouchure-hole and cap; elegant design.; Nominal pitch: C.; Type or system: 1 key.; Keyhead type: cup.; Keymount type: ring; pin for key has only one entrance/exit hole.; Usable pitch: A₄ c|442|Hz.; Performance characteristics: range D₄|-|G₆ [originally to A₆]; plays with a strong, clear sound, but top register is currently flatter than bottom register, suggesting that the cork may not be in the correct position.
Clementi & Co [Corporation]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped "CLEMENTI & COMPY / LONDON".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 603.; Sounding length: 529.; Bore: conical.