Technical description: boxwood; 5 sections; silver keys; 5 ivory ferrules [plus cap]; metal-lined head; graduated, wood-covered tuning-slide; metal-lined foot with register; [screw-stopper]; slightly oval embouchure-hole.; Nominal pitch: C.; Type or system: 4 keys.; Keyhead type: flat square, notched and chamfered; metal-lined key-holes.; Keymount type: ring/knob; coiled springs attached to touches for B♭, G♯ and F keys; piece of wire attached to touch for D♯ key. Performance characteristics: [original range D₄|-|B♭₆]; not playable in present condition.
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped "G.|PEACHEY / LONDON" with unicorn head.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 598 (without cap).; Sounding length: 522.; Bore: conical.