Technical description: boxwood; 5 sections; silver keys; 5 ivory ferrules, of slightly varying styles; ivory cap and screw; metal-lined head; graduated, wood-covered tuning-slide; [graduated] screw-stopper; circular embouchure-hole; overlapping low C/C♯ touches.; Nominal pitch: C.; Type or system: 6 keys (to C).; Keyhead type: pewter plugs, with metal-lined key-holes.; Keymount type: ring/knob with metal-lined channels.; Performance characteristics: [original range C₄|-|B♭₆]; not playable in present condition.
Goulding, D'Almaine, Potter & Co [Corporation]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped with [Prince of Wales's feathers] and "GOULDING / D'ALMAINE / POTTER & CO / SOHO-SQUARE / LONDON" on tuning section; stamped "GOULDING & CO" on all other sections except head (no inscription on head).
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 670 (not including 8mm open space at joints).; Sounding length: 597 (as above).; Bore: conical.