Technical description: ivory; 5 sections; silver keys; 7 silver ferrules; metal-lined head; tuning-slide with ivory cover; ivory cap and graduated screw-stopper; irregular oval embouchure-hole; overlapping low C/C♯ touches.; Nominal pitch: C.; Type or system: 8 keys.; Keyhead type: pewter plugs, with metal-lined key-holes.; Keymount type: ring/knob.; Performance characteristics: [original range C₄|-|B♭₆]; not playable in present condition.
Potter [R. or W.H.].
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped "POTTER / LONDON / PATENT".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 678 (not including 5mm open space at joints).; Sounding length: 598 (as above).; Bore: conical.