Technical description: ebony; 5|sections; silver keys; 5|ivory ferrules plus cap; metal-lined head; graduated, wood-covered tuning-slide; graduated ivory screw-stopper; large, slightly oval embouchure-hole; small finger-holes; G♯ key-hole on upper body; slim keyshanks with that for long|F highly-arched; overlapping low C/C♯ touches.; Nominal pitch: C.; Type or system: 8 keys.; Keyhead type: saltspoon.; Keymount type: ring/knob, except for long F which has a metal saddle with a screw through it.; Usable pitch: A₄ c|439|-|c|458|Hz.; Performance characteristics: [original range C₄|-|B♭₆]; in present condition only speaks in middle and upper registers.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped "PATENT / CLEMENTI & CO / LONDON".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 671.; Sounding length: 593.; Bore: conical.