Technical description: boxwood; 4 sections (lower body and foot in one piece); brass keys; 4 ivory ferrules plus (replacement) brass ferrule; ivory and wood cap; metal-lined head; wood-covered, graduated tuning-slide; ivory screw-stopper; rounded rectangular embouchure-hole; adjacent (slightly overlapping) low C/C♯ touches; G♯ key-hole on upper body; R3 finger-hole is small and drilled at a sharp angle into the wood.; Nominal pitch: C.; Type or system: 8 keys.; Keyhead type: flat round; foot key-holes metal-lined.; Keymount type: knob; additional wooden saddles for long keyshanks (long F and upper C).; Usable pitch: A₄ c|440|Hz.; Performance characteristics: range C₄|-|A₆; low register and A₆ not speaking clearly in present condition, but middle register plays with a strong, clear sound.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscriptions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 668.; Sounding length: 582.; Bore: conical.