Technical description: Stained stained maple with brass ferrules and keywork. German silver crook with pinhole. Brass lined crook well to depth of 35mm. Bell with flared profile.The F|key for R4 has a single touchpiece. SATK (wing); SATB (butt and long).; Nominal pitch: C.; Type or system: 8 keys.; Keyhead type: 5 flat spades and 3 spatulas.; Keymount type: saddles.; ; ;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscription visible.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.112 (Single) oboes with conical bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1244; crook 225.; Sounding length: ; Bore: wing minimum 10.2 at depth c|100.Depth of crook well: tapering to minimum.Diameter of crook well: 12.2 - 12.05 over 35mm.