Technical description: Brass; 2½ coils. crudely spun spun bell with circumferential seam at depth of 210mm. French bell rim. Mouthpiece receiver sheath of 18mm, three terrace joints. Wire mouthpipe stay and bell stay.; Nominal pitch: Probably 11-ft G.
Probably mid-20th century
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscriptions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to far coil 460; corpus diamter 380; bell 274.; Sounding length: ; Bore: mouthpipe at mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 9.8; Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 9.8 - 9.8 (no taper).