Trompe de chasse.
Technical description: Brass, 3½ coils, 4 terrace joints; spun bell flare with French rim attached to spout by a circumferential seam. Segment lengths 978 (including mouthpipe sheath), 978, 840, 865, 497, 943 (spout), 165 (bell flare). Tuning mouthpipe restrained by ligature screw.; Nominal pitch: 14-ft D.; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|440|Hz.
Couesnon & Cie [Corporation]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "EXPOSITION UNIVERSELLE DE PARIS" in banner / 1900 [illegible] in circle / "HORS CONCOURS / MEMBRE DU JURY" / crossed axes emblem / COUESNON & CIE / FOURNISSEURS DE L'ARMÉE / 94 RUE D'ANGOULEME / PARIS" / "23" in grenade.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to far coil 494; bell 270.; Sounding length: 4288 excluding mouthpiece receiver.; Bore: