English hunting horn.
Technical description: Copper with integral silver mouthpiece, silver mouthpipe sheath, and three silver bands. Mouthpiece cup diameter 12.3; ; Type or system: 12-inch slender model.; ; ; ; ;
Antoine Courtois [Corporation]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:With four stamps on copper bell in hallmark style: unclear; a lion facing left with one paw raised in rectangle; three sheaves or castles with something between the top two in shield; script "F" in square with rounded corners. The stamp possibly corresponds to the Chester hallmark of 1906.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to mouthpiece impression 305; bell 32.5.; Sounding length: minimum .; Bore: mouthpipe at c|15mm from mouthpiece impression (minimum bore) 4.7.