Technical description: Copper with german silver mouthpipe sheath extending to 192mm from mouthpiece receiver and german silver reinforcement turned over bell end, with brass mouthpiece receiver ferrule and four brass ribs of length 836.; Nominal pitch: 3½-ft D♭.; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|452.4|Hz.
Probably late 19th century
Swaine & Adeney [Corporation]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscriptions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1097; bell 83.; Sounding length: 1097.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|20mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 8.9; at 549mm from bell end, c|18.2; at c|296mm from bell end, 27.3.B|=|0.47.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 9.95 - 8.9.