Technical description: Brass; French bell rim. Two coils, the mouthpipe to the left of the bellpipe from the player's viewpoint; ferrule-covered joint on penultmate yard. With small ring on mouthpiece receiver sheath for chain to mouthpiece.; Nominal pitch: C.; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|452.4|Hz.;
Swaine & Adeney [Corporation]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscriptions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 239; bell 124.; Sounding length: 1169.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|35mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 11.15; at 585mm from bell end, c|15.2; at c|264mm from bell end, 20.7.B|=|0.63.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.6 - 11.25.