Technical description: Copper bugle, two coils, apparently a duty bugle adapted into an alto Bersag horn. Brass garland, ferrule, bow guard, tuning-shank, valve and finger-hook. Tuning shank mouthpipe with ligature clamp. With hook for R2; no water-key.; Nominal pitch: B♭. Valve type: 1 Périnet valve, bottom-sprung, alignment by key on piston.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell with trumpet-and-banner trademark incorporating "TRADE MARK" and "BOOSEY" / "BOOSEY|&|CO. / MAKERS. LONDON / 97318 / Guaranteed / British Made / Throughout / 9"; on valve "0" / trumpet-and-banner trademark incorporating "TRADE MARK" and "BOOSEY" / "74448".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to mouthpiece receiver 272; bell 101.; Sounding length: minimum 1270.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|20mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 10.8; centre of valve at c|124mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore 11.0; at 635mm from bell end, c|16.6; at c|408mm from bell end, 23.5.B|=|0.55.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.5 - 10.8.