Technical description: Brass with german silver long ferrule and fitting for screw-in music-card holder. Bore profile nearly conical with very little flare on bell. French bell rim. The german silver ferrule at joint between bell tube and small bow serves also as a thumb rest. Tuning shank at mouthpipe with ligature screw restraint. No tuning-slide on 2nd valve.; Nominal pitch: 3¼-ft E♭.; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|460|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell "AHLBERG & OHLSSON / STOCKHOLM"; inscribed underneath bar supporting action "573".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to mouthpiece receiver proximal 315; bell 89.; Sounding length: minimum 920.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|38mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 10.9; valve cluster from 58mm to 183mm from mouthpiece receiver (with shank), v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 10.9; at 460mm from bell end, c|15.3; at c|279mm from bell end, 31.65.B|=|0.58.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.4 - 10.9.