Technical description: Brass with german silver garland, bow guard, valve caps, touchpieces, levers and spring drums. Tuning-shank mouthpipe with ligature screw restraint.; Nominal pitch: E♭.; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|460|Hz. Valve type: 3 rotary valves with cork buffers mounted on rotor spindles; clock springs in drums with ratchet-and-paul torsion adjustment.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on garland "E. Kruspe in Erfurt"; engraved on bell "I. / T.T.Y"; stamped on underside of touchpieces 1 and 2 and all 3 connecting arms "9", on underside of touchpiece 3 "2".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 335; bell 107.5.; Sounding length: minimum 948.; Bore: tuning shank distal at 28mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 9.25; valve cluster from 89mm to 194mm from mouthpiece receiver (with shank), v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 10.55; at 474mm from bell end, c|11.55; at c|291mm from bell end, 16.3; at 11.5mm from bell end, 71.B|=|0.60.Bell cutoff |1500|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.35 - 10.0.