Technical description: Brass, 2 coils of unequal size. No main tuning-slide. Finger-hook for R5.; Nominal pitch: 4-ft C.; Type or system: 3 valves.; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|440|Hz.; Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, bottom-sprung.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Embossed on german-silver applied plaque on bell "PELITTI" / tugra with stars and crescents / "MILANO".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to mouthpiece receiver proximal 365; bell 129.; Sounding length: minimum 1198.; Bore: mouthpipe at 47mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 9.15; valve cluster from 138mm to 234mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 11.1; at 599mm from bell end, c|15.2; at c|387mm from bell end, 21.2.B|=|0.51.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.15 - 11.1.