Technical description: Silver-plated brass. Tuning mouthpipe secured by ligature, Water-key; fitting for music-card holder.; Valve type: 3 rotary valves, clocksprings in drums cork buffers mounted on top caps. Nominal pitch: B♭.; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|440|Hz.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on garland "Gebr. Alexander, Mainz".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 434; bell 154.; Sounding length: minimum 1292.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|30mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 10.95; valve cluster from 141mm to 248mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 10.9; at 646mm from bell end, c|16.4; at c|459mm from bell end, 23.2.B|=|0.55.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.4 - 11.1.