Technical description: Brass, single gusset in bell; French bell rim. Tuning shank mouthpipe restrained by ligature screw. With finger-hook for R4; with fitting for music-card holder; no water-key.; Nominal pitch: B♭.; Type or system: 3 valves.; ; Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, bottom-sprung, alignment by key on piston. Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|460|Hz.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "G.|HANKEN & ZOON / ROTTERDAM / 39"; stamped on valve casings "1", "2", "3".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to mouthpiece receiver 450; bell 155.; Sounding length: minimum 1270.; Bore: tuning shank distal end at 65mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 10.05; valve cluster from 125mm to 209mm from mouthpiece receiver (with shank), v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 11.45; at 635mm from bell end, c|15.3; at c|561mm from bell end, 21.6; at 22.5mm from bell end, 98.B|=|0.56.Bell cutoff |900|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: 10.55 (no taper).