Technical description: Brass with german silver garland, bow guard, ferrules, stay plates and valve caps. Two coils, wide tuning-slide in smaller proximal bow. No water-key. Valve type: 3 rotary valves with cork buffers mounted on caps and clock springs in drums.; Nominal pitch: B♭. Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|452.4|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:German silver shield-shaped applied plaque on bell embossed "MICH. SCHUSTER JUN / MARK-NEUKIRCHEN" with, inside lettering, "S" in squared font and foliage motifs.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 249; bell 116.; Sounding length: minimum 1270.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|65mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 11.05; valve cluster from 65mm to 165mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 11.4; main tuning-slide from 351mm to 639mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s bore 11.4; at c|340mm from bell end, 16.1; at 11.75mm from bell end, 72.2.B|=|0.70.Bell cutoff |1500|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 10.95 - 10.85 over 7mm.