Technical description: Brass with german silver garland, ferrules, bow guard, stay plates, etc. Windway runs mouthpipe - 1 - 2 - 3 - main tuning-slide - bell. Valve type: 3 rotary valves, cork buffers on rotors, clock springs in drums.; Nominal pitch: B♭.; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|452.4|Hz.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscriptions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 310; bell 128.; Sounding length: minimum 1310.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|35mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 9.9; valve cluster from 77mm to 177mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 10.2; main tuning-slide from 375mm to 675mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s. bore 10.2; at 655mm from bell end, 10.2; at c|337mm from bell end, 14.4; at 16.7mm from bell end, 79.6.B|=|0.73.Bell cutoff |1200|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 10.25 - 10.05.